Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Get Loose vs. Queen Bitch - Live


Song:  Get Loose
Album:  Crystal Ball
Year: 1998

A re-imagined, extended version of the track Loose! from the 1994 Prince release Come.  It's a late 90s club banger which on it's own is a capable jam but which I'd imagine a capable DJ might mix, rearrange and transform into something transcendent.  Meant to be played loudly, preferably with dedicated speakers for the bass track.  Lyrics are practically non-existent and frankly unnecessary.  I like this one.  It's a nice surprise!

Verdict:  4/5 stars

Would I sing it at . . . oh never mind



Song:  Queen Bitch - Live
Album:  Live Santa Monica '72
Year:  Ummmm . . . 1972?

As far as I can tell this particular live version is a faithful rendition of the album cut.  You can read my take on the album version here.  I gave it 4/5 stars in that post but given the poorer audio quality of the live version I am going to have to bump it down a notch to . . .

Verdict:  3.5/5 stars

Would I sing it at karaoke?  Still a yes.

Winner:  Get Loose

Running Score:  Bowie 27, Prince 18



No comments:

Post a Comment